June ArtWalk Highlights


The Scoop at Walters 

After four years living on the other coast and working in the other Washington, I recently returned to my hometown of Seattle and looked forward to such activities as neighborhood festivals and art walks where you can actually meet the artists and absorb the vibrant, creative and neighborly energy.  The June 9 Ballard Art Walk certainly did not disappoint, especially given the almost-summer weather and new businesses everywhere to explore. 

 

BallardWorks, just a hop skip and a jump from the Locks, proved an appropriate starting spot where I met some artists and watched them working in their studios.  Textiles, painting, vibrant colors (and characters) – oh what good nourishment for my creative soul after four years in DC!



After strolling the streets of Ballard on an warm almost-summer evening, peering into cafes and restaurants at the diverse art work, I stopped into Venue and met the featured artist, Ryan Christensen.  As we chatted about this being his first time showing his artwork (other than to his mom), I watched kids and adults alike enjoying his colorful industrial and street inspired artwork.  What a great first experience for a talented artist like Ryan. 



I’m looking forward to the 2nd Saturday in July and exploring some venues I missed on my first time out!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...